Thursday, January 29, 2009

So Many Challenges

... so little time ... lol. Here's the card I created for Jami's sketch in Taylor's Anniversary Cupcake Sketch challenge. I decided to pair Ginger with some Chatterbox paper I've had for a while. I couldn't believe how well it matched SU's Kiwi Kiss. I used another sentiment from Taylor's A Year of Sweet Sentiments set, which is so versatile. Sorry for the wonky picture, but I was under the gun to get the rest of my pictures uploaded in time for the deadlines to qualify for the drawings that Taylor and her Cupcake Crew will be doing this evening.

Then I decided to create a coat for my card because that what was Maria's Monday Method Challenge was this week on the InStyle Stamps blog. I had to make one minor change. I cut my patterned paper to 3.5 X 11.25 so it would cover my Ginger image.



So here are pictures of the inside of the coat and the whole project from the outside. I love how it turned out. (Great challenge, Maria!!)

You MUST check out Maria's blog. She is such a talented stamper. I'm hoping to make time to do some of the other tutorials on her blog next week with my sister when I'm in Maryland.

4 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my GOSH, that's the cutest!!...a card coat!...gonna have to try that!!

Love your colors. You're right that DP is great with Kiwi.

Stephanie said...

How sweet is this... I have to try that coat thingy!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous coat card, love the background . x

liannallama said...

How adorable! Love your card!