Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Note Card Box

Here's a project I did for the InStyle Stamps Method Monday challenge, which is being hosted by Jennie this week. (Great challenge, Jennie!!) I used this cute Whimsy Cup digital download from InStyle Stamps. The cool thing about digital images is that you can resize them, but the clarity stays the same. The cup I used on my notecards is smaller than the one I put on the box itself. I made my box a little wider, so I could put some coffee themed note cards in it. (Instead of 8 1/2 x 10, my paper is 8 1/2 x 10 1/2). I am very happy with how this project turned out. It will be a great gift for a coffee loving friend. I also added some envelopes that I stamped with some coffee mug images and sample packs of flavored coffee or you could pair the notecards with a Starbucks gift card for a fun gift.

I based the layout of my box on this week's Cupcake Craft Challenge. I will be creating a card to go with it that will follow that sketch a little more closely.

I used some Stampin Up retired Designer Series Paper, Cool Caribbean and GP White paper, Primas and some Candy Dots from Taylor's store.

Check out these projects made by other InStyle Stamps Design Team members:
Cindy
Maria
Shary

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Your box looks great Sandy. Really colourful.

Maria said...

Awesome box Sandy!! What a great idea to store the note cards in the box!! Awesome job coloring the image!! I love the design to your box!!



Maria

Jennie said...

Great box Sandy! Nice color combination and coloring...You really took did a wonderful job, I love the way you used yours for note cards. How creative you are ;o)