It is my turn to create a sketch for the Thankful Thursday challenge over at the InStyle Stamps blog. How cool is that?? I'm still trying to learn my photo editing software, so I just created my sketch using shapes in a Word document and then cut and pasted into Photoshop. You have to start some where, right?? I tried to do something different than my normal layouts because let's face it ... that's the point of a sketch challenge. I hope you like what I came up with enough to play along.
Since the challenge requires a thank you sentiment, I decided to use this adorable Potted Plant digital image from InStyle Stamps. I also used the papers and rick rack from my Inspiration Kit. I love all the texture that the Sweetie Pie Bo Bunny patterned paper and the Bazzill cardstock add to the card. In fact, I decided to fancy up the image a bit by running it thru the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder after I colored it with my Copics. I've seen Cindy Haffner do that in the past, but this is the first time I've used it on my image layer. I love how it turned out, so you'll definitely see me using this method on future cards.
Here's a picture of the sketch and more details about the challenge:
1. Make sure your project includes the word “Thank you” in some way.
2. You do not have to use an ISS stamp, but why not if you have it?
3. To be eligible for the prize please post a link to your creation in this post by no later than Wednesday, February 18 before 11:59pm, PST.
4. The winner will be announced on Thursday, February 19th.
5. The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize. If not claimed by then, another a winner will be chosen.
6. Those that hold a design position of any kind for ISS are ineligible to win the prize but you are welcome to participate!
Make sure if you are uploading to PCP or SCS galleries, please use ISSTT 2-12 for the tag. =)
This week’s prize is a Copic marker AND the Potted Plant digital image I used on my card!!! Best of luck to everyone who particiates.
Thanks for stopping by today. Tomorrow I will be posting 2 more Valentine themed projects using more of the fabulous digital images that were released on Tuesday.
7 hours ago