Friday, February 13, 2009

Sentimental Sliders Bags

Okay, so I promised more projects using my InStyle Stamps digital images, which I love... sorry it's taken me so long to post today. I was up before the sun was up and planned on taking pictures and getting my post up by 8:00 AM. However, after seeing Lisa Johnson's adorable Sentimental Sliders project I knew I HAD to modify my bags to have slide out sentiments. (Lisa, you are pure stamping genius!!)

Anyway, here are 2 cute little Valentine themed bag projects I made. The one on the left is a one sheet bag that I used with the cute Pie image. I added a heart rhinestone for the cherry on top. I'll be giving this bag to my Mom with a little something for Valentine's Day. That woman can bake like nobody's business. Her apple pie is to die for ... so I knew I'd be making something for her when I spotted this image. I created the sentiment on my computer. The left side says "For Mom" and the right side says "You Make Life Sweet" ... because she really does both figuratively and literally.

For the project on the right, I used some of Stampin Up's Candy Lane DSP and then colored my Cupcakes image based on the colors in the paper. I'm going to give this box in a bag to my daughter. She and I are HUGE cupcake fans. For the sentiment for her bag, the left side says "For Brianne" and the right side says "My Little Cuppycake". I call her my little cuppycake ... even though she's 7 inches taller than me. lol. Both gift bags have a gift card in them for a movie and for a meal at Panera.


I'm so excited that I surpassed 10,000 hits on my blog. I'll be posting for blog candy early next week, so be sure to stop by so you can sign up for that.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Sandy, these are adorable! And the slider tags are such a great idea!

Maria said...

oooh wow, Sandy! What awesome goody bags! I love both of them and I simply love the dps that you used. Your mom will be happy to receive such a yummy bag of goodies!! Beautiful job coloring the digi images too!!

Maria

JenMarie said...

OMGosh, totally CUTE!

Kryssi said...

OMG I LOVE what u did with the images!!!!! You are so talented! You've made me so proud!!!!!! :D

Denise Marzec said...

Totally ADORABLE!!!

Stephanie said...

Oh My Goodness, tooo sweet..
Happy Valentine's Day!

Sharon said...

These are great little gift bags Sandy, really pretty.

Denise said...

Wow, these are so pretty!!

Jennie said...

Oh wow! This turned out adorable!!! Great job on these bags! I may need to try those digi images... *~*

Dawn B. said...

I love these slider bags. I need to go outside the cardmaking mode and into more things like this. What an awesome idea. Such great paper.. I will add you to my google reader..