Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November Hostess Club Projects


Here are the projects I will be doing this evening with my hostess club. I suspect they will fall in love with the Big Shot. I love that you can cut 4 pieces of cardstock at once with that thing, plus something crazy like 18 other mediums (chipboard, felt, fabric, etc). It also "handles" better than the Cuttlebug, it seems more steady and cuts smoother in my opinion.

The card uses the Top Note Bigz die cut that is exclusive to Stampin Up and the set I used is called Flight of the Butterfly. This is a set we got at Convention and this project is based on a card I did with my 5th level adopted upline who went to Founder's Circle this year.

The little box in a bag of course was designed by the extremely talented Diana Gibbs and here's a link to her tutorial. I actually emailed her today to see if I could link her blog to mine, so now it will be easier for me to navigate there every day. Besides wonderful projects, she has some adorable youtube clips on her blog, go check it out.

Finally, here is a link to a wonderful organization called Make A Child Smile. I found out about their program from Michelle Wooderson's blog. I am in the process of making cards for the children found in the Urgent Mail section. One little boy, Chandler R., who has Leukemia is getting ready to get a bone marrow transplant. It actually will take place on his 13th birthday (his younger brother is the donor) ... so I'm going to be sending him an iTunes gift card as an early birthday gift. I found out from his mother that he can take his iPod in when he gets radiation. Anyway, this is clearly another good cause. So if you ever have any extra cards you don't know what to do with, I suggest brightening one of the kids' (or more than one) day.

3 comments:

Kathy H said...

Great projects...I really love all the things people are doing with that top note...

Stephanie said...

great cards and what a great cause, I will have to check out that site and make some cards!

Kathy H said...

Hi Sandy...No I didn't get the images yet. I did pick up this and a few other stamps at the last Hanna Stamps release.The girls just loved the stamp...