Monday, August 3, 2009

Beach Themed Shaker Gift Bag

It was my turn to come up with a challenge on the Cupcake Craft Challenge blog and I chose a beach theme. I’ve wanted to make a shaker for a while, so I paired this retired Stampin Up stamp set called Shore Thing with some sand I got from the beach. The little sand piper image is my favorite from the set, so I embossed the birds then I sponged a sky and stamped some sand, which you can’t see it now that I put actual sand in the shaker.

I had intended to make a card, but when I got my patterned paper out, I had some scraps that would work great to alter a plain white gift bag. I love the layout I came up with, but decided to add the stitched chocolate chip ribbon and WOW what a difference that made. I added some bashful blue stitched ribbon to close the bag.

Oh and here’s a link to a great shaker tutorial on Amy’s blog, Prairie Paper and Ink. I will definitely be making more shakers in the future. They add a lot of fun to your project.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team came up with, here.

The Little Yellow Company is the sponsor this week and one lucky person will win a free digital image.

4 comments:

Joy said...

What a great idea to add a shaker box to a gift bag! You were brave using real sand. But then again, with a name like SANDy, why not :-)

Donna said...

Fantastic little bag Sandy and thanks for such a wonderful theme this week, its great t osee all the beach cards on the blogs when it is so persistently raining here in the UK :) Donna x

Dawn B. said...

This is soooo cute. I am headed your way to the beach next week. I need to collect some sand. I love the stamp you picked. I haven't done a shaker card in forever. Great job...

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Sandy, what a fantastic project. I love that you used real sand - so cute. The papers are so yummy and the image is adorable Thanks for a great challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x