Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday


It's my turn for the Thankful Thursday sketch challenge over at the InStyle Stamps Blog and I had to use this adorable Gidget image. Doesn't she look like she's having fun?? I knew when I saw the image I wanted to make a card with her for my sister, Joy. We are extremely close and I have so many fond memories of our childhood. But even though we're all grown up now, we still can be silly and goofy with one another. To me, this Gidget image conveys that so well.

I have had this Pumpkin Pie Rick Rack for a while, but hadn't been able to use it until now because I realized it perfectly complimented the Sweet Always paper, so I ordered some more of that and it came on Monday.

I had issues creating a sketch, so I decided to use this one from our fabulous sketch queen, Maria. Here's a link to her post using the sketch. She is such an inspiration and so very supportive to the entire design team.

Anyway, the one minor variation I made was to create a sentiment with strips. It just fits better with all the other elements I have on my card.

I hope this has inspired you to make a card for the challenge.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, awesome card Sandy, I just love that paper, it is one of my favorites and I love everything else about your card, it is so nice that you and your sister are close.

Sharon said...

Very pretty card Sandy, love it!

Jodi said...

This is really cute!! Love your take on the sketch. =)
hugs,
Jodi =)

Maria said...

Oh that image is so cool, Sandy!! She does look like she is having fun. Beautiful job with your coloring too!! Hey awesome job with following the sketch!! I think I may just have to play this week! Thank you for the shout out too. . aww, I appreciate your kind comment!!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Maria

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty and vibrant! Your coloring is fantastic and your DP is gorgeous!
hugs
Risa:)

Vectrarola said...

What a really sweet card, I like your style! :o)

Caryn said...

Love the story with this card. Stunning work as always.

I have left something for you here.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx